In 1900, Frank Ransbottom and his brother started a pottery company in Roseville, Ohio to make stoneware and pottery. By 1916 Ransbottom Pottery was the largest producer of stoneware jars in America. Around 1920, they merged with Robinson Clay Products Co. who created bricks and tiles, and the name was changed to RRP Company, reflecting Robinson Ransbottom Pottery, and product lines expanded to include gardenware in addition to their art pottery and functional goods. The company was able to endure through the great depression and was in business until 2005, when it finally ceased operations.
REFERENCE: Old & Antique Pottery website http://www.oldantiquepottery.info/
The Robinson Ransbottom Pottery Company
OFFICIAL WEB SITE